Sunday, January 31, 2010

Another Victoria Sampler contest - Winter Biscornu

Recently, Victoria Sampler had another contest, this one a Winter Bicsornu. I was preparing to submit my version of this design, but then got sick. Just a bad cold, but did not feel like doing anything, so did not get my stitching finished on time. But I still like the way my biscornu turned out, and thought I would post it here.

The front was done following the pattern, and for the back I used an adaptation of Thea's Holly Quilt Block free design. Since this needed to be on the diagonal, and the pattern was on the straight grain of the fabric, I really had to change it quite a bit, but it still resembles the original design.

The fabric I used was Silkweaver's Precious Metals, 32 count. This is a gorgeous light brown linen fabric with metallic flecks all through it, and is one of my favorites. For the stitching I used Kreinik Silk Serica, Silk Mori, and metallic braids. Made for a really sparkly design!

2 comments: