Sunday, January 31, 2010

Another Victoria Sampler contest - Winter Biscornu

Recently, Victoria Sampler had another contest, this one a Winter Bicsornu. I was preparing to submit my version of this design, but then got sick. Just a bad cold, but did not feel like doing anything, so did not get my stitching finished on time. But I still like the way my biscornu turned out, and thought I would post it here.

The front was done following the pattern, and for the back I used an adaptation of Thea's Holly Quilt Block free design. Since this needed to be on the diagonal, and the pattern was on the straight grain of the fabric, I really had to change it quite a bit, but it still resembles the original design.

The fabric I used was Silkweaver's Precious Metals, 32 count. This is a gorgeous light brown linen fabric with metallic flecks all through it, and is one of my favorites. For the stitching I used Kreinik Silk Serica, Silk Mori, and metallic braids. Made for a really sparkly design!

3 comments:

  1. Very, very pretty. Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This way my acquaintance Wesley Virgin's report starts in this shocking and controversial VIDEO.

    Wesley was in the military-and soon after leaving-he found hidden, "SELF MIND CONTROL" secrets that the government and others used to get everything they want.

    THESE are the EXACT same SECRETS many famous people (notably those who "became famous out of nothing") and top business people used to become rich and successful.

    You probably know how you utilize only 10% of your brain.

    Really, that's because most of your brain's power is UNCONSCIOUS.

    Maybe this expression has even occurred IN YOUR own head... as it did in my good friend Wesley Virgin's head seven years back, while driving a non-registered, beat-up trash bucket of a car with a suspended driver's license and $3.20 on his bank card.

    "I'm absolutely fed up with living payroll to payroll! When will I finally succeed?"

    You've been a part of those those questions, am I right?

    Your success story is waiting to happen. All you need is to believe in YOURSELF.

    Watch Wesley Virgin's Video Now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As claimed by Stanford Medical, It is indeed the one and ONLY reason women in this country live 10 years more and weigh on average 42 pounds lighter than us.

    (And actually, it has NOTHING to do with genetics or some secret exercise and really, EVERYTHING to do with "how" they eat.)

    P.S, What I said is "HOW", and not "WHAT"...

    TAP on this link to discover if this quick quiz can help you release your real weight loss possibility

    ReplyDelete