Monday, August 30, 2010

Victoria Sampler Christmas Humbug Contest


Victoria Sampler is having another contest, so of course I had to make up an entry. This is it, my Christmas Humbug. A humbug is constructed from a rectangle of fabric, and turns out looking like a pyramid, actually quite a nifty little thing. So far there have been lots of entries, and each one is quite unique and beautiful.

I didn't want to use traditional Christmas colors, so had to really hunt through my stash to find threads and fabric that really spoke to me. I ended up with 32 ct. Star Sapphire linen, Dusty Rose (I think) Kreinik ribbon, and for the eyelet stitches, Needle Necessities metallic braid in Passion Flower (too bad this metallic doesn't really show up in the pictures, cause it really adds a lot to it). Plus some matching DMC threads. It was so much fun to do, and I was really pleased  with the way it turned out. And, I have a new ornament for my tree. I try to do at least one each year.

1 comment:

  1. Do this hack to drop 2lb of fat in 8 hours

    Well over 160 000 women and men are using a easy and secret "water hack" to drop 1-2 lbs each night as they sleep.

    It's very easy and works on everybody.

    Here are the easy steps for this hack:

    1) Take a clear glass and fill it with water half glass

    2) And then follow this awesome HACK

    and you'll become 1-2 lbs thinner the next day!

    ReplyDelete