Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Victoria Sampler Biscornu Contest


Recently I was planning on entering the Victoria Sampler biscornu contest, but was unable to finish my entry in time. Even though I didn't finish, I am so happy with the way it is turning out that I thought I would post a picture of it, along with some of my thoughts.
The idea was to take a Victoria Sampler biscornu design and, using our own colors and stitching ideas, create a biscornu that maybe Thea could show on her website. While looking through my stash to see what colors I wanted to use, I came across a metallic braid from Needle Necessities that I decided to use for the klosters. Since the thread color name is "hydrangea" I decided that the flowers should be hydrangeas. The hydrangeas didn't work well with silk ribbons so I decided to do mine in over-one cross stitch and french knots. But the over-one cross stitch takes so long to do, and I didn't have much time to stitch, so that was the reason why it wasn't ready in time. The metallic threads really do not show up well in the picture, so just imagine a little extra sparkle. The colors are just perfect for what I wanted to do. I also love using the gingham linen from Graziano, so I used the blue/white gingham for my fabric. Very summery and yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment